Thursday 14 February 2013

Fete d'amour

It is on this very day that I wish I invested in flower, chocolate and card making companies OR ran a floral, chocolate or card shop just so I can witness frenzy of people extravagantly purchasing material goods in order to portray their love for someone.

Don't get me wrong, I love any holiday that reminds us to stop and share love or give love (or make love ;)) but I think all of these can be done with out dropping large amounts of dollar bills. Does your significant other need to have a holiday to remind him/her to show you their love? Should this not be an ordinarily freely given affection?

This year, as with every year for the umptieth years I've lived, I am spending 'V' Day as a single & content jane. I have been struggling lately and last night I almost had an anxiety attack trying to prepare for the mix of emotions that I might feel since I've been an emotional psycho lately. Today, however, I strangely feel fine? I mean aside from the jerks showing off their flowers, cakes and whatever gifts they received on my facebook newsfeed, I feel pretty great about myself today - it might also be the medication I'm taking for my cold.

Last year for Valentine's Day my mom had a heart attack so today she considers it her second birthday. Instead of focusing on the lack of a significant other in my life I can focus on everyone else that exists, who have always been there for me no matter what.  Last night I asked my mom what she has gained from her year of life and she said that she now lives on a daily basis. Something I am still learning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment