Thursday 24 January 2013

Single & Happy

Happiness. Everyone is writing about it. Everyone wants it but somehow we don't all have it. I guess to limit the possible tangents I can go into with the idea of being 'happy' I will tackle the concept of being 'single & happy'.

During the last few weeks this idea of being 'single & happy' seemed to be impossible and even now I find it challenging to think about being a happy single Jane. It's almost been a month now and I feel like this past week has been more inundated with thoughts of him. It's so frustrating how often its been happening when I feel like these memories are supposed to go away. I'm trying to figure out if it's 'him' that I miss or the feeling of being in a relationship (being constantly contacted and the displayed affection).  It's led to my sluggish demeanor at work and everywhere else. I want to say that I'm being my regular Positive Patty (Imade this up) but it's tough. It's tough being content knowing that there is something missing.

I think I just need to constantly remind myself of everything I should be grateful for, the things outside of my control and the possibility of greatness to come. AND also I lived a perfectly happy and single life before him.

I would just really like to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment