Friday 25 January 2013

The Big O

Don't get too excited just yet. The 'O' I'm referring to here is Oprah. It was such a privilege to be in the arena with her there. She has such a charismatic positive energy and everyone knows it. She didn't need to sing or dance (although she sang a short hymn) to get a crowd of approximately 15000 to pay hundreds of dollars and show up.

She talked about a lot of things in her life and her privilege of doing what she loved. I honestly felt so moved to have experienced her talk and at awe at how she is such an amazing woman. There were a few notes that I took that resonated within me, being newly single. I have voiced my frustration in not being able to fully let go yet and last night my 'single and happy' self was awakened. Better yet, the intelligent, independent and expressive individual I am inside was recharged.

"All trial exists to teach you that you are not the disease, it's to help you dig deeper to find out who you need to be" - Oprah Winfrey


No comments:

Post a Comment