Wednesday 30 January 2013

Complications can be simple

I did something the other day that was probably not advisable in the process of trying to move on BUT it has helped me to find clarity. I know I say this so often and I seem to constantly teeter back and forth but this complication, rather the rollercoaster of feeling sad then happy, is a beauty in life. Yes, that sounds like I am on crack but it truly is a wonderful aspect of life to be able to freely flow between emotions and feelings and make choices irrelevant to the proper or social norm.

Anyways, I've come to understand that healing is different for everyone and that it often requires the satisfaction of feeling content. And as per a very wise Buddhist saying 'you are what you think'; your feeling of peace and contentment come from within. I know it's so easy to say now - trust me a few weeks ago I would not have been able to do this -- but this truly is about mastering your ability to silence your mind and practice a sense of stillness. It's a tough feat. I still constantly battle with myself, a privilege, but this is part of what I feel makes a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment